This spring, I was sitting at my laptop in class (during my last semester of college) getting excited for summer. I planned out this whole list of things I wanted to buy and things I wanted to do. (You know–the usual bucket list idea but with many links to sunglasses.) By no means have I kept to this list faithfully, but I have used it as an inspiration board of sorts. Heck, this blog came out of it!
And now that it’s here, this summer has been full of some of my favorite trends of all time. So I thought I’d do a list of some of those styles that I’ve been obsessing over for the past few months. I hope someone agrees with me on this list or feels inspired to try something new.
- Linen everything
- Straw/basket bags –> see my new teeny one here
- Little scarves worn as neckerchiefs, around topknots, or as headbands as I did below
- Poppy or red-orange –> In the photos below, I’m wearing Stila’s balm lipstick in Valentina (which is on super sale right now. I SO recommend this product. I want it in more colors now.)
- Butter yellow
- Espadrilles –> see my new striped flats here
- Overalls in all shapes and forms
- Slide sandals
- Blouses that wrap/tie –> as evidenced by this Pinterest board
- Hardly any makeup –> In these pictures, I’m wearing mascara and the Stila lipbalm, but otherwise I have a naked face. It feels really good to let my skin breathe. Lately, I’ve been lazy and unmotivated some days and too hot to want to have foundation melt off my face other days, but it’s ended up the same way–my naked skin. There are days where I’m insecure about my dark under-eyes or redness around my mouth, but overall, I feel comfortable in my naked face.